Driving traffic to your web site through strategic seo or sem is great – but what are you going to do with the traffic once it arrives? Have you noticed your website has a staggering high bounce rate? What needs to happen to change this? Let’s touch on a few ways to ensure your website is User-Friendly.
- Navigation: Keep it clean, visible and easy to use.
- Readability of text: Content needs to be “readable,” keep words legible and understandable.
- Font types: Keep it clear – easiest font to use online is Arial, Verdana, and Tahoma. These fonts were designed specifically for online reading.
- Font size: Present your content at a minimum of 10-point font. Keep your audience in mind. If your average audience is mostly over age 65, consider a larger font size.
- Color contrast: The contrast between the text color and the background is very important for legibility.
- Content: Keep your content useful. Keep your content fresh and up-to-date. Visitors to your website should know that there is a live person who is devoting some time to it, caring about what you do is a direct indication on how serious you take yourself and your business. Good content will also greatly help with your SEO stratedgy.
- Keep it sticky: By sticky I mean having a website that people want to linger on, spend time with, and revisit frequently. This stickier the website, the more business it will generate. Create a real sense of community.
Ready, set – go!
Gotta scoot newt,