If you are one of those who believe microblogs of 140 characters is a waste of time then you are missing a unique opportunity to promote your own site.
The most posts on Twitter and Facebook – it's boring, useless information without any value. But among these tweets are nuggets of information that many users will find useful. In addition, tweets have an impact on rankings in Google and other search engines and it makes Twitter a valuable tool for optimization.
Famous authors referring to your website will make you more popular
Twitter user, which has hundreds of followers with a single message can easily attract to your site thousands of people. Google also monitors Twitter news feeds. Search engines when ranking consider such factors as age of accounts, number of followers, frequency and number of tweets, retweets, source authority. The more famous and popular is author who posted tweet with a link to your site page, the higher page is ranked in SERPs.
The reason is that Google struggles to provide users with relevant information. And content relevance depends on the author 's credibility who posted links to the required information in his tweets and retweets.
Automation of tweets increases chances to get in the top of search results.
Those who want to climb up in the top of SERPs should publish useful information in tweets. It is best to combine this method with the installation on its Web site button to automatically send messages to Twitter.
So, look through the list of factors that affect authority and trust links from Twitter.
- the number of followers on Twitter
- the number of tweets and retweets
- the ratio of friends and followers
- credibility of followers
- the number and variety of unique options
- popularity of source links
Another interesting fact, search engines due to such social networks as Twitter figure out the following:
- how fresh news/article is
- weather another page exists and how often it is updated
- correspondence between post topic, keywords and hash tags
- author's skill level
According to we see how tweets really affect website ranking:
- 50 tweets boost up ranking (but not as high as you think)
- up to 1000 tweets you'll get minimal gains.
- from 1000 to 5000 tweets bring significant gains.
- after 5000 and above tweets much more improve website ranking.
- 7500 and above tweets bring your site to top 5 SERPs positions.
A little bit about spam
People always think they can promote their site with spam in the short term and thus rise website position in SERPs.
However, Spam on Twitter can lead to ban. Even if you try to start with a new account, Google eventually will pay attention to your website and it also falls under the filters.
P.S. Will be glad to “hear” your own experience with Twitter. It doesn't matter: you can prove or disapprove the information above you've just red.