Before promoting your site, determine the purpose for which you need . You wnt just be in Google search results; you want to be in the top pages of search for a particular keyword, you need more traffic to your site, you need clients, you need more income from advertising, etc.
Today, the best source of traffic is and here is why:
1. First YouTube is free, unlike contextual ads where you need to invest;
2. Views of your videos grow exponentially. Unlike Twitter where all the previous tweets are lost — each new video helps to promote the old one. Youtube channel can be compared with brandy becouse with age it gets better;
3. Youtube is a great way to build tyour personal brand. Video helps build the confidence of your target audience to you.
4. Youtube has perfect statistics:
- YoutTube occupies 55% of all video platforms
- Youtube — the second largest search engine in the world after Google
- More than 60 hours of video is downloaded every minute, every second — one hour
- More than 800 unique users visit Youtube each month
- Youtube videos gains 3 billion page views per day
- Visitor spends on Youtube for more than 15 minutes a day on the average;
5. Google loves Youtube. In 2006, Youtube was bought by Google, and since then, you can find YouTube videos on the first pages in Google search results. Those who knows something about SEO promotion know how difficult it's to get first positions in Google search results for some key querie. So, with the help of Youtube videos you can do it. If you have a growing site and want to be the first in Google search for your keywords — just promote your videos on Youtube;
6. Youtube video — it's a great way to give your content. In contrast to podcast, which involved just the perception of auditory channel, watching videos give more emotions. We live in a time when people are busy and can't read long articles and want to get information quickly. Youtube meets these needs providing short videos.
Additional website traffic sources :
1. Add your site to Google.
2. Optimize each website page for a specific keyword for the best serch results.
3. Optimize your images so to make them traffic sources .
4. Create unique and interesting content — natural source of backlinks to your site. Traffic of the best pages will be many times higher than average.
4. Use traffic from social networks and wiki-sites.
6. Add polls to your website.
7. Add a link to your site to all profiles — Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
8. Share other articles.
9. Leave comments in blogs and forums, linking to your website (but do it carefully) .
10. Work in groups of interests, social networking sites.
11. Exchange links with other sites.
12. Apply to affiliate programms.
13. Create your product and distribute it for free (articles, programs, schemes, etc.).
14. Share. Encourage visitors to use materials on your website (with a link to your site) freely.
15. Use AdWords ads to attract target audience to your website.