Content marketing – efforts to create and engage consumers in the information environment around the company, brand or product.
This branch of marketing appeared for a long time. For example, the inquiry office of Michelin hotels and restaurants was first published in 1900, and the Pirelli calendar has been published since 1962. Despite their popularity content marketing has never been a priority for brands and products promotion but with the advent of the Internet and the situation has changed and its importance began to grow every year.
Why content marketing has become so popular today? The reason is virtualization of everything that happens in our life. Content on the Internet – it's is a virtual reflection of our reality. The quality of content determines brand quality, company or product quality. If you have a site with cool content – that means that you have a cool company and if content is secondary and is not interesting to buyers than the company has corresponding reputation. You also need to say that it's a combination of content and digital space creates a unique marketing opportunity.
1. Creating a unique information space for specific, specialized knowledge. Every company, brand or product are needed to solve specific problems that arise from their customers. With the help of content (video, text, graphics application or podcasts) you can create meaningful communication telling us not just about the product but about specific knowledge of the company acquired in the course of its operations and enable to solve specific customers' problems. This information allows people to understand how brand, company or product will meet their needs and in the result make a purchasing decision.
2. Providing access to information of Internet users. Today, consumer behavior is based on finding and analyzing information about the desired product. Google processes 3 billion queries per day and for each of these queries provides relevant content. Because of this Internet provides unique opportunities for access of potential buyers to your information space at any time. Also digital space allows to engage in distributing your content loyal consumers and social networks. Universal virtualization and the new model of consumer behavior dictates the need for a strong presence on the Internet and hence the importance of content marketing will only increase, the same concerns budget. If we compare content marketing with advertising, advertising – it is a promise, and content – its proof, that the promise of this brand, company or product can be kept.
Other definition. Content marketing – techniques which can help increase website popularity by publishing specific content on it.
Useful and interesting articles on the site, allow it overgrown with lots of natural links which contributes to website popularity and improve its positions in search engines.
High-quality and useful information content – it's the key to success in promotion site for people.
However, there are some specific types of content which being not inherently classical informational articles (from the introduction, body and conclusion) are able to attract so many natural inbound links, that the most useful information or news article can't do.
Examples of such a content include:
1. Background data.
These data is very useful for novices and professionals in every niche.
Background data, presented in a convenient form, are likely to be used in bookmarks. People will often share links to a page with background information when communicating in forums, social networks and other communities.
2. List of some useful resources.
If we speak about SEO sphere, it can be structured directory site listings for spam, lists of dofollow blogs for comments and other similar materials.
When using lists it's desirable to make it clear to visitors that the list is updated and moderated, otherwise nobody will put links to it.
3. The list of answers to frequently asked questions, tips and ideas.
People like generalization and often add the pages to bookmarks.
4. Analytics with graphic illustrations.
Research article, as a rule, quickly acquires natural links as a major reason for discussions in different online communities.
5. Step by step detailed instruction.
Step by step instructions for performing a typical task can also be interesting to the target audience and quickly overgrown with natural links.
In some specific niches may exist more sophisticated methods of marketing content but the above methods are also quite effective.