Today we continue to discuss QR codes and it's properties. This article describes not only the data formats that can be encoded in QR-code. Context of use, restrictions on use, and specific cases (international and local, successful and not so).
Complete list of formats for QR-codes in advertising
1. URL-address. Link to a web site or in a browser tab is one of the most common forms, encoded in QR-code. They redirect users to the correct site, eliminating storage and input of complex and sometimes difficult to remember addresses. The site may contain, for example, a detailed description of the product from advertising module, additional information on the topic of article or YouTube video. However, it is believed that the QR code should not lead to the site, but to the place where your brand is discussed, such as Facebook.
2.Text. The most flexible format for posting content. You can attach an article, description of products / services, terms of action, etc. Amount of text that can be encrypted in QR-code, rather impressive – up to 4000 characters and it is two pages of A4.
3. Telephone number. After scanning QR-code with the phone number, you can immediately make a call, provided that such an action is supported by your QR-code scanner.
4. Contact details. Growing popularity of QR-codes containing contact information, and placed on business cards, proposals and other contact information format is appeared like MeCard, vCard –scan and save it in a smart phone or computer.
5. Geo-location. In local businesses QR-code can easily encrypt geographic data, which allows you to see the location of an object and how to get to it from its current location, for example, in “Google Maps”. Trendsetters from a local business can directly encode Foursquare venue!
6. E-mail address. QR-code can also include email, the recipient's name and e-mail subject. When writing the address there is a lot of errors, and ready QR-code greatly facilitates the preservation of electronic mail for future reference.
7. SMS. Sometimes to participate in drawings and lotteries to you are asked send some text sms to a particular number. The other way it's better to encrypt in QR-code text, phone number, subject and users need just click “Send”.
8. Profiles and activities on social networks. Some already actively use QR-code on their shirts, badges with the words “Add me somewhere” and “sew” in the code their Facebook profile, Twitter etc. Conference organizers use QR-codes for promotion, encrypting Like, Tweet with hash tags.
9. Activities / events. QR-code often encrypts ready event, which can be directly saved/added in MS Outlook, Google Calendar or Facebook Events.
10. WiFi details. That's what QR codes are really missing on tables in restaurants and cafes, at conferences and lobby bars.
11. Download links. Placing direct download links, preferably in the description QR-code not forget to specify the type and size of the files. If the QR-code is to download the mobile application, select Market type: AppStore, Android Market or Google Play.
12. Image. Rare content format (limited amount of scanners detect a small image). Can be “opened” full images if, for example, one of the key elements was hidden with QR-code.
No comments yet