Have never heard about DMOZ? If you really crazy about your work it will never late to know even important things. So...
DMOZ (The Open Directory Project) — is the largest multilingual free link directory in the Internet, which is supported by a virtual community of volunteer editors.
Today DMOZ / ODP, probably is the most respected site-directory in the Internet. DMOZ owned American company AOL and is a free link directory. Sign-in DMOZ is free. To suggest yor site in the Open Directory Project a lot of editors work with your project and manually check each link weather it corresponds to the application. DMOZ directory interface is implemented in different languages.
To date, the public section of DMOZ includes more than 5 million sites. Moreover, the directory has nearly one hundred language editions. During the entire catalog existence editing was performed by more than 80,000 people.
But webmasters worry not about figures but about effectiveness and advantages of DMOZ registration.
There are the following advantages:
- You are in DMOZ? Congratulations! You've got website authority. It's really important because a after careful selection just some sites will be «awarded»;
- Link from the Open Directory Project improves TrustRank site — search engines trust to the site;
- DMOZ database is used by many other influential Internet resources, for example, Google, Netscape, AOL, it means that links to your site appear on these portals. It is especially important that Google Directory is based on the ODP, so to get into Google Directory is possible only through DMOZ;
- Financial benefit to site owners — the cost of links (from the resource) increases.
In addition, DMOZ has a lot of advantages. But even if register in the Open Directory is free to get into it you need to meet certain criteria and undergo selection.
- First, your site must contain high quality unique content and, if possible, design.
- Second, pay attantion attention to title and description, DMOZ has special requirements.
- Also carefully choose the section and category to which your site will be submitted, as there are so many categories, and it's impossible simultaneously add your resource to several categories. Here is an example below:
- Don't try to get to the directory if your site is for commercial gain, it is not completely developed, is not updated, duplicates another resource, contains broken links.
Meet all the requirements — welcome to DMOZ!